FutureFuel.io exists to crush student debt. We are an early-stage FinTech startup with a mission to democratize access to student debt repayment and refinancing as a new normal in employee benefits. We are achieving our mission by empowering employers to crush their talent acquisition and retention goals, by introducing a benefit that employees actually care about – student debt relief. Our product is a B2B2C enterprise SaaS platform that fully administers student debt-centric benefits for employers, which is a way more complicated benefit to administer than you'd think.
Our product is not enterprisey – it's awesome. We're really a B2C company, but with a B2B go-to-market strategy, sophistication in tech and in the way we acquire and serve users (through the employer, which gets us out of the crazy expensive auction AND enables us to approach the user in an intelligent manner at scale). We started B2C, so we know a thing or two about this; our female founder, Laurel Taylor, is also a former Googler.
FutureFuel is seeking a Backend Developer with significant experience building services, with a preference for some experience Groovy or another Java Virtual Machine Language. We need someone who can adapt quickly and add value to our fast paced, growing business and also someone who can contribute collaboratively within our software development team. The Backend Developer will be responsible for developing, deploying, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving our integration services that interface with key partners as well as internal tools.
FutureFuel is a young, growing, entrepreneurial company which emphasizes results, so a successful candidate will have a history of achieving positive outcomes.
● Implement and maintain services in FutureFuel's Lambda microservice architecture (written in Groovy).
● Troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
● Suggest application architecture improvements and recommend process improvements.
● Champion changes to tools and processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the development team.
● Document processes for use by other application developers, and to comply with the requirements of the heavily regulated Fintech market.
Skills and Attributes
● 3+ years of professional working experience as a Software Developer.
● Experience developing Groovy (or Java) code.
● Experience developing Microservices or Service-Oriented-Architectures.
● Experience gathering and maintaining information from internal and external APIs.
● Relevant DevOps experience (Jenkins and AWS is a plus).
● Comfortable with frequent incremental code testing and deployment.
● Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
● Experience working as a part of Lean/Agile tech teams.
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
● Fits the cultural needs of a growing startup.
● Self-motivated, and able to independently identify and implement needed improvements.
● Track record of developing complex software systems, and the ability to explain the implementation details.
● Preference for previous startup experience.
● Preference for Computer Science or related degree.
Able to work in the EU.