Primary Function: Bridging the gap between graphical design and technical implementation by translating the UI/UX design to actual code while optimizing the application for speed and scalability.
Are you looking to join a highly ambitious international technology startup shaping the future of Revenue Management? Do you want to work with a ground-breaking product created by some of the best engineers and data scientists on the planet? Are you looking for a company that will invest time in your development, support your professional growth and listen to your ideas? Do you want to leave your mark by impacting the life of hundreds of thousands of people?
If the answer is yes to the above, you may have found your dream job and we may have found our dream hire!
We are looking for a Front-end Developer to join our team. If you are looking to get in on the ground floor of a high-growth startup and love code and design this might be for you. If you are successful - the sky’s the limit here and we reward our own.
- Bridging the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, ensuring technical feasibility.
- Translating the UI/UX design to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- Optimizing the application for speed and scalability.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Iterating fast with an agile project management process and Kanban boards.
- 3 years of experience.
- Graduate degree in a Computer Science related field or equivalent experience.
- Meaningful experience with Angular 2+ (Components, 2-way and 1-way binding, routing, RESTful resources, performance & optimization); bonus if you know React.
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Proficient at understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Progressive Web Apps (Service Workers, Web Workers).
Nice to Have
- You are a Linux enthusiast.
- Can undertake client and server development, creating the APIs that drive the web app (Java server experience is valued).
- Someone who can bring his/her ideas into the team and is able to work out solutions to tough problems autonomously.
You are the perfect match because you
- Are enthusiastic, optimistic and a great problem solver.
- Thirst to investigate, innovate and develop emerging creative and technology trends.
- Are autonomous and able to work well under pressure.
- Want to provide the best experience for the user to achieve their goals, by understanding their needs and interactions with our platform.
- Have a keen eye for design and details.
- Have a good understanding of flex layout and material design.
- You will enjoy substantial responsibility from day one and fantastic long-term career opportunities.
- A role that allows you to have a real impact in a fun and exciting environment, working in a highly-talented team guided by experienced entrepreneurs.
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible vacation policy (no fixed amount of days).
- Stock options according to seniority.
- Compensation increases based on consistent performance improvements.
- Truly international team (10 nationalities, 14 people).
- Free fruit, cookies, coffee, good vibes, ping-pong, darts and much more.
- Small team, you make a difference
About Climber – Climber is an intelligent revenue management platform that enables independent hotels and small hotel chains to take effective decisions based on real-time data about their hotel and the market.
Our software improves decision-making by saving hoteliers 6 to 8 hours per week and helps to increase hotels’ revenue by 8%-10% per year. The Climber data-driven platform offers a suite of web-based features with rich analytics and concrete recommendations for immediate actions.
Climber has a team of 13 amazing individuals, backed by leading European VCs and has offices in sunny Lisbon.
You join Climber because you want to work with proven leaders and learn how to build a sustainable, profitable company from the ground up while leaving your mark on the hospitality industry.